PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A MANDATORY INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION/JURY TRIAL WAIVER PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS.
1. Use of Our Service
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with Company, and only in compliance with this Agreement and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations. Any use or access to the Services by anyone under 13 is strictly prohibited and in violation of this Agreement. The Services are not available to any users of the Services (“Users”) previously removed from the Services by Company.
Company cares about the integrity and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat our security measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. You acknowledge that you provide your personal information at your own risk.
Additional Terms for Tax Services
(1) We will prepare your income tax returns from information you will furnish to us. We will not audit or otherwise verify the data you submit, although we may ask you for clarification of some of the information. Your clarification may help to avoid improper reporting and possible penalties. You will furnish us with all the necessary information required for preparing the returns.
(2) Our work in the preparation of tax returns cannot be relied upon to discover errors, fraud, defalcations, or other irregularities, should any exist. We assume you are properly and timely discharging any and all other tax reporting obligations for which you are responsible. Our tax preparation Services are limited to the preparation of state and federal income tax returns, and does not include consultation on any other taxation issues, including local or sales taxation, unless expressly stated in writing. Our tax preparation Services pertain only to the tax year and the tax returns specified in the Services, and our responsibilities do not include preparation of any other tax returns that may be due to any taxing authority. Our tax preparation Services are provided for your benefit only, and no third party may rely on our work during the course of providing the Services.
(3) In accumulating your tax information, it is important you understand the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) and state recordkeeping requirements. Taxing authorities, by regulation, generally require you to both maintain and retain information substantiating all items reported on your returns. It is important you maintain a record system satisfying these requirements. Documentation requirements are especially important for charitable contribution, travel, entertainment, home office, auto and computer use deductions. Written documentation relating to the specific type and amount of charitable contributions made may be required in order to claim the deduction.
(4) In analyzing the tax information, we may discover there are conflicting authorities on how you may report (or not report) an item or transaction on your tax returns. There are many tax authorities (court cases, statutes, regulations, etc.), and these are constantly changing. If there is a reasonable justification for doing so, we will use our professional judgment to resolve questions in your favor where a tax law is unclear. If we report an item or transaction based on a conflicting authority favoring you as opposed to the IRS or other state taxing agencies, there is a possibility the IRS or state taxing agencies may disagree with our position. For federal income tax returns, for each specific position taken on a given issue, the position generally must either satisfy the substantial-authority standard or be formally disclosed on IRS Form 8275 or 8275-R, which form would be filed as part of the federal income tax return. We will not be able to take a position on a federal income tax return if we do not believe that these requirements are met. Similar requirements may be applicable to state income tax returns. Improperly valuing an item, inadvertently omitting information or a transaction, understating a tax liability, or taking a position contrary to the IRS or state taxing agencies could result in the IRS or state taxing agencies assessing you a penalty. Though we will provide guidance, you have the final responsibility for the accuracy of each item on the returns, as well as, the overall correctness of the returns. As such, if the IRS should later contest the position taken, there may be an assessment of additional tax plus interest and penalties. We assume no liability for any such additional tax, penalties or other assessments. You acknowledge that any such understated tax, and any imposed interest and penalties, are your responsibility, and that we have no responsibility in that regard.
(5)Unless expressly stated in writing, the Services do not include responding to inquiries or examinations by taxing authorities. In the event the federal or state taxing authorities examine your returns, please consult the services of a competent professional.
(6) We retain copies of the tax return information for seven years
(1) If your return is filed electronically, it will be converted to and stored in Company systems in a standardized format, and then transmitted to the applicable federal and/or state taxing authority. To the extent required by applicable law and regulation, we store and maintain information that you provide to us. However, in the event your return is not accessible from Company systems you must contact the IRS.
(2) For tax year 2018, the IRS will begin accepting electronically filed returns on approximately January 29, 2019. The IRS requires Company to notify it, in connection with the electronic filing of your tax return, of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of the computer from which the return originated and whether the email address of the person electronically filing the return has been collected. By using this Service to prepare and submit your tax return, you consent to the disclosure to the IRS and any other tax or revenue authority of all information relating to your use of the Services for electronic filing of your return(s).
(3) If you are filing one or more State tax returns, then by using a computer system and software to prepare and transmit return(s) electronically, you consent to the disclosure of all information pertaining to your use of the system and software to the States in which you are filing the returns, as applicable by law, and to the transmission of your tax return(s).